This recipe is part two of my New Orleans Mixology Monday post. For the complete story behind this drink, please click here.
And here’s a short video of the Autumn Leaves shot by Philip Beech:
Autumn Leaves Print Me
- ¾ oz/22.5 ml Wild Turkey rye
- ¾ oz/22.5 ml Clear Creek apple brandy
- ¾ oz/22.5 ml Carpano Antica Formula vermouth
- ¼ oz/7.5 ml Strega
- 2 dashes cinnamon tincture*
- 1 large strip orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass.
- Stir with ice until chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled old fashioned glass and garnish with orange peel.
- *To make cinnamon tincture, soak 4 ounces whole cinnamon sticks in 16 oz grain alcohol for three weeks. Strain solids and bottle.
Recipe printed courtesy of jeffreymorgenthaler.com