I like to use Buffalo Trace’s Sazerac 6-Year rye in my Sazeracs. The nose is sweet and fruity, but the palate is nice and dry with a lot of spice – a perfect choice for the Sazerac experience.
Sazerac Print Me
- 1 tsp/5 ml 2:1 simple syrup
- 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 2 oz/60 ml rye whiskey
- Fill an Old-Fashioned glass with ice and water, and set aside to chill. Once cold, drain ice water and rinse with absinthe.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass.
- Fill mixing glass with ice and stir contents until well-chilled.
- Strain into absinthe-rinsed old fashioned glass.
- Twist lemon peel over drink to express oils, and discard peel. Serve! (And for more fun with Sazeracs, be sure to check out this discussion on proper Sazerac technique.)
Recipe printed courtesy of jeffreymorgenthaler.com